MX341, AS480, SX460, MX321, AS440, SX421, MA330, SA465, SX440 READY STOCK......! ! ! ! ! ! Our agents stamford
* other type will be available on special request This NEW product, , NO SECOND...! ! ! ............. SPECIAL PRICE ! ! ............... AS440 AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATOR ( AVR) SPECIFICATION INSTALLATION AND ADJUSTMENTS General description Technical specification AS440 is a half wave phase controlled thyristor type AVR and forms part of the excitation system for a brushless generator.
The design employs Surface Mount Technology ( SMT) for high integration of features in a small footprint AVR.
Positive voltage build up from residual levels is ensured by the use of efficient semiconductors in the power circuitry of the AVR. The power and voltage sensing circuits have separate terminals, allowing the excitation power to be derived directly from the stator winding for basic applications or from an auxiliary winding if sustained short circuit performance is required. The AVR is linked with the main stator windings and the exciter field windings to provide closed loop control of the output voltage with load regulation of + / - 1.0% .
The AVR voltage sensing terminals continuously sample the output windings for voltage control purposes. In response to this sample voltage, the AVR controls the power fed to the exciter field, and hence the main field, to maintain the machine output voltage within the specified limits, compensating for load, speed, temperature and power factor, of the generator.
A frequency measuring circuit continually monitors the generator output and provides under-speed protection of the excitation system, by reducing the output voltage proportionally with speed below a pre-settable threshold. A manual adjustment is provided for factory setting of the under frequency roll off point, ( UFRO) . This can easily be changed to 50 or 60 Hz in the field by push-on link selection.
Over excitation conditions are limited to a safe period by a protection circuit within the AVR. Provision is made for the connection of a remote voltage trimmer, allowing the user fine control of the generator' s output.
An analogue input is provided allowing connection to a Newage Power Factor controller or other external devices with compatible output.
The AVR has the facility for droop CT connection, to allow parallel running with other similarly equipped generators. SENSING INPUT Voltage Jumper selectable 100-130 Vac 1 phase or 190-264 Vac 1 phase Frequency 50-60 Hz nominal POWER INPUT Voltage 100-264 V ac 1 phase Frequency 50-60 Hz nominal OUTPUT Voltage 82 V d.c. @ 200 V a.c. Current continuous 4A ( see note 1) . transient 7.5A for 10 secs. Resistance 15 ohms min ( 10 ohms min when input volts is less than 175 ac) REGULATION + / - 1.0% ( see note 2) THERMAL DRIFT 0.03% per deg. C change in AVR ambient ( see note 3) TYPICAL SYSTEM RESPONSE AVR response 20 ms Filed current to 90% 80 ms Machine Volts to 97% 300 ms EXTERNAL VOLTAGE ADJUSTMENT + / -10% with 1 k ohm 1 watt trimmer ( see note 4) Increasing resistance lowers voltage. UNDER FREQUENCY PROTECTION Set point 94 -98% Hz ( see note 5) UNIT POWER DISSIPATION 12 watts maximum BUILD UP VOLTAGE 4 Volts @ AVR terminals ANALOGUE INPUT Maximum input + / - 5 Vdc ( see note 6) Sensitivity 1V for 5% Generator Volts ( adjustable) Input resistance 1k ohm QUADRATURE DROOP INPUT 10 ohms burden Max. sensitivity: 0.07 A for 5% droop 0PF Max. input: 0.33 A OVER EXCITATION PROTECTION Set point 75 V dc Time delay 10-15 seconds ( fixed) ENVIRONMENTAL Vibration 20-100 Hz 50mm/ sec 100Hz – 2kHz 3.3g Operating temperature -40 to + 70C ( note 7) Relative Humidity 0-70C 95% ( note 8) Storage temperature -55 to + 80C NOTES
1. De-rate by 12% if mounted in ‘ portrait’ orientation.
2. With 4% engine governing.
3. After 2 minutes.
4. Generator de-rate may apply.
Check with factory.
5. Factory set, semi-sealed, jumper selectable.
6. Any device connected to the analogue input must be fully floating ( galvanically isolated from ground) , with an insulation strength of 500V ac.
7. De-rate output current by 5% per degree C above 60C.
8. Non condensing.
* other type will be available on special request This NEW product, , NO SECOND...! ! ! ............. SPECIAL PRICE ! ! ...............